Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,744 Comments
  • Views 961,079 Views
I got a kick out of Travolta trying to walk around with that Shapiro face. But I didn't watch too much of it. The rehashing of the trial I don't need.
I did watch per Mr.X suggestion, OJ Made in America. That did have several interesting themes and I would recommend. However, even documentary is biased.

I binged through the whole OJ Simpson mini-series this weekend. Just one episode left - the verdict.

He obviously murdered those people - and I know he is in jail right now - so I assume it must have been GUILTY.

Think he's in jail for a differnt reason

I was just looking at an article with a bunch of critics top 5 movies of the last 5 years.

Movies that appeared the most times on the most lists:

Boyhood
The Lego Movie
The Act of Killing
Stories We Tell
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Grand Budapest Hotel

I gave all of those mild thumbs up (except Stories We Tell) but to see those titles over and over in this context - bit of a smh experience. Well, I guess Boyhood doesn't surprise me - that is some serious critic bait - but the rest . . . :dunno: I didn't know anyone else had even heard of Stories We Tell.

Now Inside Llewyn Davis also kept coming up - and I only had a mild thumbs up for that after my only viewing - but this has got me thinking it's time for a second look. Same with Birdman.

Under the Skin came up a number of times. I haven't seen that - and somewhere along the line I got the impression it was kinda crap. But maybe it should check it out.

:dunno:

Last edited:
I think it's time for a second viewing of Breaking Bad.

LLewyn Daiviss. I'm trying to remember if there was any profound themes in there. I know it had kind of a vibe, but did anything actually happen? prob not

Is that Going In Style gonna be anything? You'd think they could make a profound movie getting some geezers together. Unfortunately, lately Hollywood wants to portray senior citizens as silly children.

New season of Better Call Saul!!

excitedelaine.gif

I still haven't seen that show.

Watched sleepless the other nite. My man was disappointed....I was not, it was as shitty as I anticipated. Not a huge jamie fox fan.
3 out of 10. maybe 4...

I wouldn't mind watching it sometime. I don't really watch tv anymore though, unless it's a documentary or the velocity channel. that's about it.

The premier of Better Call Saul was interesting. I guess the thing at the end of last season - where Mike was fixin' to shoot Salamanca - but then someone messes up his plans by making his horn honk non-stop - and there is a little note on his windshield that says DON'T - I guess following up on that is a big thing.

I kinda assumed at the time it was Nacho but now I'm thinking no. This is not a spoiler - this is strictly me speculating - but I wonder if it was Gus Fring.

:ohmy:

I feel like a golden age of TV started around 2000 with HBO and Showtime - and then others came along with great original series like AMC.

Anyway the Cinemax show The Knick belongs right there with the best of all-time. I have been rewatching it lately with Jenny - I get it on TMN ON DEMAND. So frikkin outstanding.

The only negative I can lob out is it only went for 2 seasons. But at the same time, that's not really a negative because they knew how much time they were working with - they knew Clive Owen and Soderbergh were leaving - and they created a wonderful self-contained 2 seasons with an inspired ending.

The writing, the acting, the historical context, the art design - it's a little masterpiece (but prolly don't watch while eating.)

That is all.

The-KnickS01E01b.jpg

The premier of Better Call Saul was interesting. I guess the thing at the end of last season - where Mike was fixin' to shoot Salamanca - but then someone messes up his plans by making his horn honk non-stop - and there is a little note on his windshield that says DON'T - I guess following up on that is a big thing.

I kinda assumed at the time it was Nacho but now I'm thinking no. This is not a spoiler - this is strictly me speculating - but I wonder if it was Gus Fring.

:ohmy:

Yeah I think he's being tracked by Gus and his minions already.

I love this show even though it's shamelessly plodding along and is merely connecting the dots to BB.

Hmm. It seems that season 3 of Fargo has kicked off without me. Couple episodes to catch up on.

Ewan McGregor is in it. I like him.

Based on the first 2 seasons, it's hard to know what to expect but I am in.

What did you people think of Good Will Hunting? I watched it yesterday after meaning to for the last 20(?) years.

Certainly some strong parts in it, almost wanted to turn it off after the 1st ten minutes. But yeah a story worth telling/seeing despite some pretentiousness and sappiness imo. The way the Robin Williams character is able to initially break through to this know it all kid seems pretty believable, realistic and well done. I was thinking if they're gonna make this part work, they gonna have to do it really well.

I like it. Got it rated 8 out of 10 which is high for me. It's been awhile since I saw it and I don't have any review on my spreadsheet to remind me exactly what I was thinking - but I think I just generally appreciated a story where the central point is academic genius (rather than being really good at a sport or whatever). They did a good job developing characters and relationships and making me care. It was not flawless - a bit formulaic no doubt - but it was absorbing. An easy watch.

Who knew Casey Affleck was going to end up being the great actor out of the ensemble?