Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,739 Comments
  • Views 960,718 Views
Signature Oscar wagers UPDATED 2/23. Will they give Denzel a third Oscar? I'm starting to think so. Casey Affleck wager is out. But the price of -450 on La La Land for Best Picture seems bursting with value so adding that.

Mudcat signature plays. Emma Stone to win Oscar for Best Actress -600. Zootopia to win Best Animated Feature -500. La La Land to win Best Cinematography -500 La La Land to win Best Picture -450

Signature play record 7-1 +5.2 units

Actually, to be official, the straight-down-the-middle hedge on Denzel (@ +125) costs 0.17 units so adjusting signature record:

7-1 +5.03 units

Friends

new show I just learned about

kinda bingeworthy

but also a bit of numbing goofy sitcom shit

I'm watching it while I do some tile work and its worth a try if you never seen it before

So I ran into this girl last night that reminded me of an actress I remember, occasionally played a really sexy teenager in Married With Children. Wasn't easy to find her through there, because she was a very minor character. ...Well apparently she was in a bunch of Kevin Smith movies that I either haven't seen or don't remember, and her name is Joey Lauren Adams
300x188_joey-lauren-adams_2362.jpg

Bud Bundy fucks her the weekend she's going to marry Bud's cousin who's just out of jail

Bud Bundy fucks her the weekend she's going to marry Bud's cousin who's just out of jail

ah, that sounds familiar. In a different episode she also plays, I believe, one of the incestuous hillbilly cousins from Peg's side of the family.

I picked Moonlight and they won.

I'm an Oscars sharp.

Blitty 1-0 Oscar Winna.

Strangest damn shit of all time at the Oscars. I didn't really love the idea of La La Land as a Best Picture winner but I had my little air bet so sure, I was pleased enough when it was announced. Still, I am chuckling at having the rug pulled out from under me in that once-in-a-lifetime way.

I imagine the people with real bets see less humor in it.

How'd they fuck that up anyway? I thought this stuff was tightly regimented by a bunch of accountants?

Haven't seen Warren in ages! Stills looks good at his age! What is he like 90! :dunno:

636237666379897031-USP-ENTERTAINMENT-89TH-ACADEMY-AWARDS-89112519.JPG

From Beatty's on-stage immediately-post-fuck-up explanation, it sounded like they (he and Faye Dunaway) were given a copy of the Best Actress envelope. He said their card said Emma Stone, La La Land. So he looked at it and balked and kinda made faces - people thought he was joking around to build suspense - but he was genuinely confused.

He probably should have just stopped and said, "Yo, Academy, I think we got the wrong envelope here." But no, he kinda mugged for a bit - then for some reason he handed it over to Faye. Maybe he was looking for a corroborating opinion; maybe she thought he was just being an old-style gentleman, giving the lady the honor. She took one quick look and immediately announced La La Land.

YAY!

But no.

Gotta figger someone is getting the axe.

Yeah I saw it. Faye thought Beatty was just asking her to read the winner but he was trying to explain his confusion.

Fokking accountants, man.

Jackie

Portman is stunning in this film. :bowdown: I was dazed for about an hour after I left the theater. The film score is incredible

8.25 Trons

Nominated for Best Original Score

:bowdown:

I wonder if Emily invited cali to the Oscar's afterparty

We watched "HENRY" last night. For a first, first person view movie,it wasn't too bad. There were some parts that were ridiculously fake, and some where I legit felt as though I was watching a video game, just with real life people instead. I wouldn't seek it out again, but just for the feel of it, Id say check it out.