Let's talk about wildlife

• Start date
  • Replies 970 Comments
  • Views 63,897 Views
I have the show -nature- record automatically.

yesterday I learned all about dogs...(2 part series)

Very interesting.

Guy caught a catfish which was large.

world+record+biggest+fish++world+ever+caught+big+huge+fishes+records+largest+monster+fishing+giant+wels+catfish+size+images+pictures+freshwater+river+po+italy+IGFA+lb+pound.png

I'm good on ever meeting that fish.

This octopus met this crab.

Crab couldn't get the pinchers into play. Might have been a different ballgame.

Prolly no accident. Prolly the octopus knew what he was doing.

I think octopus had that planned for a few years.

I mean crab is delicious.

Guy caught a catfish which was large.

world+record+biggest+fish++world+ever+caught+big+huge+fishes+records+largest+monster+fishing+giant+wels+catfish+size+images+pictures+freshwater+river+po+italy+IGFA+lb+pound.png

wow! I heard legends of large catfish, this looks like a whale.
how you catch that?

why would he catch it, just let it ago at this point

Some answers here

Even though the biggest wels catfish ever caught in the Po Delta was reportedly 308 pounds and 9.1 feet long, Sportex Italia points out that no one knows how that fish was caught. Ferrari’s fish is one of the biggest wels catfish actually recorded in recent history. It is certainly the largest wels catfish caught in the Po region with just a reel, a rod, and simple bait.

The 280-pound catfish caught by Italian fisherman Ferrari was lured with artificial bait on the surface. According to Ferrari, he only used a reel and a Torpedo spinning rod made by an Italian manufacturer, and the fight with the enormous fish from his boat took about 40 minutes. After Ferrari and his brother Dario weighed the monstrous creature, they released it back into the Po Delta. As another Italian fisherman points out, “any one of us, of course, hopes that these catches do not remain isolated but that these dinosaurs of the river can go back to swim many more days in our waterways.”.

where's his eyes? I can't see his eyes

wow! I heard legends of large catfish, this looks like a whale.
how you catch that?
You catch a regular catfish and then hire a midget to hold it for the picture taking.

Some fish have more pronounced eyes than others.

img_7748.jpg

Weasel rides a woodpecker

#weaselpecker

woodpecker-weasel_3217732b.jpg

Which one is the weasel?

HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunting with a hawk, impressive how it angles to intercept

[LIVELEAK]370_1425560173[/LIVELEAK]

I see hawks/vultures etc. around here all the time in the summer, lots of them. I like watching them.

Koala cull: 700 endangered marsupials secretly slain by Australian authorities

koalas-killed-australia-culled.si.jpg

About 700 koalas have been covertly killed off by the Australian authorities due to overpopulation causing starvation of the animals. Australian Koala Foundation has slammed the move, calling it a gross mismanagement.

:littleboy: