Nashville

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
I did a search and apparently there isn't a Nashville thread.

For the first time in my life, I'm slightly entertaining the idea of moving to Nashville in a few years.

@Blitty , how do you like it? If you could do it all over again would you do it?

Blitty, the Feels Like temperature in South Florida is 90+ 7 months out of the year.

I know Nashville has hot summers but I'm really curious how many months your summer is?

Germantown looks fun. Is it?

The Cost of Living (COL) is 19% above the national average where I'm currently living and I'm beyond sick and tired of the weather.

My first thought was Knoxville due to the low COL (compared to my current situation) and the proximity to the Smokey Mountains but I don't think I can handle that much red neck.

Besides leaving good friends, and not having much locally, I’d say I like every other aspect.

Brutal heat for a few months and annoyingly cold for several months.

Germantown is rad. I say go for it.

we looked at Nashville as a destination. okay old e to visit. didn't seem like home to us

I did a search and apparently there isn't a Nashville thread.

For the first time in my life, I'm slightly entertaining the idea of moving to Nashville in a few years.

@Blitty , how do you like it? If you could do it all over again would you do it?

Blitty, the Feels Like temperature in South Florida is 90+ 7 months out of the year.

I know Nashville has hot summers but I'm really curious how many months your summer is?

Germantown looks fun. Is it?

The Cost of Living (COL) is 19% above the national average where I'm currently living and I'm beyond sick and tired of the weather.

My first thought was Knoxville due to the low COL (compared to my current situation) and the proximity to the Smokey Mountains but I don't think I can handle that much red neck.
Knoxville is a college town, so that dilutes a lot of the redneck factor.

Tronner, when I drove from CA to NY in 2010. The highlight of the roadtrip was TN.

Once you get past Memphis (which is an obscure future cool town but don’t recommend living there now) the topography is brilliant.

Beautiful rolling green hills. I still marvel at it on my daily commute.

On a map my house looks fairly far south west from downtown. In reality it’s a 15minute drive for me.

most big cities would have miserable traffic that would congest that convenience.

crime riddled shit hole state

(TNS) — Tennessee denies the right to vote to a higher share of its people than all but one U.S. state.

A recent study by the Sentencing Project found that around 471,600 Tennesseans, nearly 10 percent of the state, can't participate in elections because they have been convicted of a felony.

About 377,000 of those, or 80 percent, have theoretically paid their debts to society — completing prison sentences, parole or probation.

crime riddled shit hole state

(TNS) — Tennessee denies the right to vote to a higher share of its people than all but one U.S. state.

A recent study by the Sentencing Project found that around 471,600 Tennesseans, nearly 10 percent of the state, can't participate in elections because they have been convicted of a felony.

About 377,000 of those, or 80 percent, have theoretically paid their debts to society — completing prison sentences, parole or probation.
I would imagine that's mostly Memphis related

Brutal heat for a few months and annoyingly cold for several months.
Thanks for all the input pally!

The brutal heat is not a concern. I have unbearable-no-one-wants-to-be-outside-suffocating heat and humidity for a minimum of 8 months where I am.

What is annoyingly cold for you? In the 50's? We all have different definitions of annoyingly cold.

Tronner, when I drove from CA to NY in 2010. The highlight of the roadtrip was TN.

Once you get past Memphis (which is an obscure future cool town but don’t recommend living there now) the topography is brilliant.

Beautiful rolling green hills. I still marvel at it on my daily commute.

On a map my house looks fairly far south west from downtown. In reality it’s a 15minute drive for me.

most big cities would have miserable traffic that would congest that convenience.
TN no doubt the most beautiful part of the drive. I've drove I75 through TN many times and it's always the best part of a long drive.

I spent 2 nights at the Moxy hotel in 2020 that's basically on the Vanderbilt campus.

I saw a lot in 3 days and I liked it. Great food and cool people. It's a music city.

No State Income tax, change of season and a lower COL than where I'm currently at are HUGE for me.

The tricky part will be deciding where to live in Nashville. Gonna have to do some recon trips there.

My ex-girlfriend’s son moved down there several years ago. She and her now-husband moved there for some reason a few years back and apparently they really like it. I’ve never been there.. Good luck!! @Tron

Last I heard he has a job with the Nashville Predators. Awkward and uncomfortable seeing him last time at a party.. 😊

Why was it awkward and uncomfortable seeing him at the party?

What is annoyingly cold for you? In the 50's? We all have different definitions of annoyingly cold.
30/40

I was surprised how chilly it gets and it lingers for longer than expected.

Let me know your price point and square footage preference and I can give recommendations.

G’town is like 700k for 1500sqft in prime area.